Longform content for print and online media
Book polishing for authors and companies
Online content strategy and creation for SMEs
Writing + editing + publishing + upskilling
- Longform profiles/interviews and features
- Opinion columns
- Technology guides
- Industry analyses
- Article series
Per article, per series, or per month.
- The State of Womanhood in the Philippines: Contraceptives, Consent, and Chauvinism (2017)
- Creative Writing: MFA or DIY? (2015)
- Enough About Me… And You (2015)
- So Bad, So Good? (2017)
- Really Fake (2018)
- On the Validation and Value of Filipino Writers (2016)
- On Mentorship and Patronage in Philippine Literature (2017)
- On Filipinoness in Philippine Literature (2018)
Dating, Sex, and Sexual Health
Profiles and Cover Stories
- Interview with the ‘V’amp (2011)
- Epy Quizon: The Man of Many Faces (2011)
- First Lady on Deck (2015)
- Six Years Later: Inanc Balci on Lazada Philippines’ Past, Present, and Future (2018)
- The Singaporean startup enabling drug research via organs-on-chips (2019)
- AI startup snags 300 business clients by promising to root out fraudsters (2019)
- This startup helps hotels save on energy costs, thousands of rooms at a time (2019)
- A Singapore startup’s software is democratizing lending (2020)
- The startup targeting stroke prediction and prevention (2020)
- Ticketing platform GlobalTix wants to ensure tour operators don’t get left behind (2020)
- How the Zalora mafia helped create Southeast Asia’s startup scene (2020)
Creative Writing, Books, and Literature
- The Story of Sining Bodega (2012)
- Of Cumworlds and Non-Superhero Comics (2015)
- “E” or Tree? Of Books and E-Books (2015)
- “The Comic Books You Should Be Reading Right Now” (2015)
- Have E-Books Been Outbooked? We Say Not Quite (2018)
- Not Your Average Manila Girl: An Overview of Trese and its Six Volumes (2015)
- Book Review: Dwellers and Maktan 1521 (2015)
- Book of the Week: Alma Anonas-Carpio’s How to Tame Your Tikbalang Without Even Trying (2018)
- Applying for a National Writing Workshop: A Non-Definitive Guide (2017)
- On Writing Your First Novel: Advice from a Novelist (2018)
Food and Drinks
I read your manuscript and correct any typographical, grammatical, or punctuation errors.
I proofread and copy-edit your manuscript + do sensitivity reading, evaluate other elements such as your tone and voice, and improve the flow and pacing of your sentences and story.
I will also check your use of language (and trim any overused words and phrases), clarify and fact-check any vague parts, and alert you of any possible problems that can come up.
I proofread, copy-edit, and line-edit your manuscript + help you build and improve your story: from plot and characters to pacing and contexts (social, cultural, historical).
This editing service is recommended if you’re still in the early stages of writing.
I provide feedback on your manuscript plans and synopses, give advice on reading and research material, and provide publishing market and industry insights.
This service is recommended for authors and writers who have not started on their manuscripts yet.
- Science fiction
- Alternate/Parallel reality
I do one full edit plus two rounds for fact-checking and revisions. Additional work requires additional payment(s).
You have full copyright over your manuscript, and you are solely responsible for any legal claims regarding improper citations/quotations and plagiarism.
I accept payments via direct bank transfer, Wise, and PayPal. You can pay in full or by installment (50% + 25% + 25%). The first payment is non-refundable. If you want to end our contract early, you will pay a 25% kill fee.
I issue official BIR receipts for all payments.
Please contact me for availability, editing rates, and payment methods + plans.
- Scheduled blog posts
- E-mail newsletters
- Infographics copy
- Case studies
Please contact me for availability, cost estimates, and other related inquiries.
The Reading Spree: Flipping pages and finding common denominators
A blog about the books I own and read + the Philippine and Southeast Asian literary ecosystems
Semi-Online: A newsletter on balancing digital and analog lives
AKA the great millennial ‘struggle’